Monday, April 9, 2007

Life Values Assessment

Personal Accomplishment
Personal Development
Health
Family
Friendship
Community
Leadership
Independence
Wisdom
Creativity
Integrity
Loyalty
Servce
Security
Enjoyment
Location
Expertness
Wealth
Prestige
Power

My top 5 values (personal accomplishment, personal development, health, family, and friendship) are somewhat similar to the activities I pursued today. Today, I read, exercised, went to economics class, and hung out with friends. I read for enjoyment, and it is a great way to expand my vocabulary. I exercise because it makes my feel good, both physically and mentally. If I exercise in the morning, it provides me with a fantastic start to my day, and it usually gives me a surge of energy. Education, and in particular, school is extremely important to me because it gives me a unique opportunity to learn and be creative, and it also helps me improve my listening skills. I try my best to absorb in the professor’s, as well as my fellow students’ ideas and opinions. Finally, at the end of the day, I was able to spend some time with my friends to talk about life, watch the television show “24”, and laugh it up.
My family believes in several of the life assessment values. I could care less about receiving recognition for my accomplishments, so I would conclude that I am not a firm believer in ‘prestige’. There are so many activities I would like to do: read more, paint, draw, write lyrics, compose beats, start an organic garden, play on a tennis or baseball team, and without boring you, the list goes on. In the meantime, I am training for a 5K run in Eugene on April 29th. The only thing that stands in the way of me pursuing that goal is an injury or a lack of motivation.

No comments: